Summer Camp Policies
- Drop off time is 8:00 – 8:15 a.m. Please call if you’ll be later than 8:15.
- Pick up time is 3:45 – 4:05 p.m. We cannot be responsible for your child after 4:05 p.m. If you cannot be here by 4:05 p.m., please make arrangements with someone who can.
- EARLY PICK-UPs are fine, but you should call in advance as the kids may be outside until 3:45 p.m.
- LOCATION CHANGE: The Craft Studio is now located in 11 Gentry Hall. We have moved since last summer!
- CARPOOLING and sending friends/family for pick-up is perfectly fine, too. However, for safety reasons, if there is anyone your child should not leave with, please let us know. We don’t want to complicate your day, but we do want to make sure your child is safe.
- A parent or legal guardian must initial and sign (by hand) the Liability Waiver.
- A parent or legal guardian must bring the Liability Waiver to Summer Art Camp on the first day of camp. Children without a Liability Waiver will not be able to participate in Summer Art Camp.
- Two snacks (one for morning & one for the afternoon)
- Water bottle
- $4 cash (on Friday) for a trip to Sparky’s Homemade Ice Cream (a free scoop token will suffice as well). Sparky’s Homemade Ice Cream has non-dairy and vegan options available and should be able to meet most dietary needs, but if you have any questions or concerns, please let us know.
- Pack a little more than they usually eat at school. They’ll be walking and running a lot during the day and will need the extra energy.
- Fruits and vegetables make great snacks!
Outdoor activities are planned for every day of camp (weather permitting). Please make sure your student is dressed accordingly. We get messy.
- Close-toed shoes. Flip-flops and open-toed sandals are not permitted.
- Rain jacket and umbrella (if rain is in the forecast)
- Swimwear and towel (on Friday) for the trip to Flatbranch Park
- Sunscreen (please apply in the mornings)
- Nothing with sentimental value or that may be irreplaceable; we get seriously messy some days and would hate for your child’s favorite clothing to be permanently damaged.
The Craft Studio’s summer camp is intentionally less structured than a school environment (it’s summer camp!). We often don’t stand in lines or raise our hands and we even encourage running in the grass. That said, safety is the Number One priority (FUN is Number Two!).
Therefore, the following behaviors are unacceptable:
- Violence against other people (hitting, biting, scratching, hair-pulling, etc.).
- Bullying (as defined and described by StopBullying.gov)
- Leaving the classroom, play-site, or group without informing an adult.
- Running near cars.
- Crossing streets without an adult.
- Intentionally damaging furniture, buildings, or other permanent structures.
- Any other dangerous behavior not listed above.
Students who are excessively disruptive or who engage in dangerous or unacceptable behavior may be prohibited from participating in some or all activities. Refunds will not be provided if your child’s behavior leads to participation restrictions or dismissal.
If you ever hear of ongoing behavior concerns during camp, please let us know so that we may address them.
Throughout the week, we will watch a movie or some episodes of popular children’s television. We try to keep the movies appropriate to the theme of the week as much as possible and we stick with “G” rated movies and age-appropriate television. However, if you have any concerns about your child watching movies or television, please speak with the Craft Studio advisor.